This in person workshop gives tools and tips on how to create a physical literacy enriched
environment for all sport and recreation participants so that no one gets left behind.
At the completion of this training, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate how the 8 factors for Physical Literacy enriched activities can be applied to
- Demonstrate how the 5 HIGH FIVE Principles, taught in a previous course, can be
incorporated into your sessions.
- Apply a “Teaching Games for Understanding” approach to games and use an inquiry-
based approach in your activities and sessions.
- Deliver a mini-teaching session that provides a supportive, physical literacy-enriched
- Identify ways to support inclusion in physical literacy programs.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to integrate concepts to create a physical
literacy enriched environment for sport and recreation participants. This workshop can be
taken as a stand-alone. However, it is also the fourth part of the Physical Literacy Instructor
Program. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be provided with a certificate of
completion and an activation key to take the final summative assessment based on this
workshop as well as the previous three courses Introduction to Physical Literacy, HIGH FIVE,
and the Fundamental Movement Skills to complete the Physical Literacy Instructor Program.